I have always been somewhat of a newshound, reading daily newspapers cover to cover and keeping my TV tuned in to one of the cable news channels all during the day - but like many people I often lament the fact that it seems like the news providers publish or broadcast only the bad news in our society. Today is different.
Today's Greenville News carries an article on the front of the sports page about a basketball game between Greenville Technical Charter High School and region rival South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind. You can read the entire article and you won't see the score - the score isn't the story. The story is about about sportsmanship - it's about a group of students and fans that realized that their rival did not enjoy the same fan support that they did. So they decided to do something about it. I'm not going to say any more - you need to read this story for yourself.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20090204/PREPSPORTS/902040374/1002/SPORTS
By the way, the score was Greenville Tech 64, SCSDB 38 but that's not really important. Sportsmanship and "good news" still exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really didn't write this at 3:57 am but I don't know how to correct the time stamp. Help!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really cool story. It makes me want to go cheer for SCSDB next game.
ReplyDeletenext time I'm at your house, I'll help you with the time stamp and how to put a link in your blog post.